Thursday 8 October 2009

POETRY EMOTION

I know I said this blog would include Art as well but truth is I haven't really had time to finish any of my current art projects or start any new ones. Tomorrow I will post a painting and tell you why I did it and explain all the finer details and hidden metaphors. However, for now I'm gonna leave you with this poem {written last year} as it contains a lot of imagery. Enjoy!

P.S. Lady J is imaginary so don't try and guess who I'm talking about loll

POETRY EMOTION- THE UNFINISED PAINTING

Fine like a pencil tip paintbrush, she adds a crisp edge to the painting
Each stroke of her brush gives me Goosebumps like ‘The Haunted mask’
Tinting my view with her flawless dark skin preserving her diamond personality
And I reserve my writer's license to call her an Artistocrat
But her elegance and class has me flipping like an acrobat
Such finesse leaves me stifled like a smoker's cough
Problem is I'm four years younger, wish I could change the clock
She has no time to burn she's at that courtship stage
But my childish inhibitions will not entertain such thoughts
Though our paths may intersect she's crosses and I'm naught
The link in the chain too hollow to achieve the bonding sought
Lady J's imperial aura like a taizer to my soul
She confused my senses now every other girl looked plain faced
That’s why the only attention to detail in the painting is on Lady J's face
The masterpiece is under construction watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment