Friday 11 September 2009

Apologies to those of you who have read this before but it's just too relevant to certain people's lives right now including my own. I wrote this for all of the recent graduates and those who feel lost in general and do not know how to approach the next phase of their lives. Hope you enjoy it!


My destiny and I are oceans apart

Decisions, decisions
I keep having visions
They start to make sense then they scatter like pigeons

Choices, choices
I keep hearing voices
But then they tune out like engines of Rolls Royces

Connections, connections
How wide is the spectrum?
Is business my thing or for art am I destined?

Confusion, confusion
Is life an illusion?
It doesn’t make sense not to know what I’m choosing

Potential, Potential
I have some credentials
But life can be rough and in contrast I’m gentle

{God speaking}
Voices, voices
You have many choices
But you don’t have a licence why give you Rolls Royces

Bide your time, Bide your time
Coz you’re gonna be fine
Just stay in the dirt for now, 1 day you’ll shine

Devotion, devotion
Don’t act on emotion
Life doesn’t go swimmingly when in the ocean

Stay afloat, stay afloat
Though you fall from the boat
Coz the shore is not far though it seems so remote

Hold my hand, hold my hand
I’ll take you to dry land
Though your legs may be weary I’ll help you to stand

And the voices you hear they will all become clear
And the visions you missed will again reappear
But the choices are still up to you I’m afraid
I will trigger your instinct but you must be brave
And when you are mature you will then understand
All my wonderful ways and my ultimate plan

No comments:

Post a Comment