Tuesday 22 September 2009

Graduate life

Today I randomly saw one of my friends from Kent while I was on my lunchbreak from this temp job I'm doing right now. It seems I'm not the only one who is struggling to get a good permanent job. At first when she told me I was smiling coz I was happy it wasn't just me but this situation is no laughing matter. We were just discussing the different graduate schemes we had applied for and the tests or interviews we had been put through to no great effect. It's a serious matter and honestly it just puts you off looking for a job for a bit coz you're thinking what's the point- The main problem for me is that I am fussy, I don't care what you think of me... I've quit enough times in my life- not this year, i refuse. I want a job that I'll actually like, not just one I show up for every day watching the clock and thinking "7 more hours? are u serious?", "6 and a half more hours? are u sure the clock's working?", "Nah ur taking the mick! I swear an hour ago it was 7 hours left!" I want my job to actually use at least some of my gifts or things that I 've learnt. I know people say a degree just shows that you can work to deadlines and you're disciplined and organised all that jargon (that's why sometimes it doesn't matter what degree you have) but I wanna make use of it or at least use one of my numerous god-given talents.... any clown can do some of the jobs that my fellow peers have taken up just to pay for their Blackberrys (no offence). I'm tired of being any clown I want an arena to use my skills and if no1 is prepared to give me such a job then I'll have to become a freelance something- who's with me?

I'm not just being radical- I'm a strong believer of investing in your passions and putting a lot of effort into them, there are ways to make money out of our passions or jobs that work around our passions we just have to hold out for them! For now I need to stay alive so I'll gather experience where I can but I don't intend to have a long term job that doesn't interest me. Nope, Not Sunu, Never dat!

This is my view, feel free to disagree!

Sunshine signing out -`o -

No comments:

Post a Comment